Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in D:\Hosting\2637913\html\2007\10\lots-to-do.php on line 6

Warning: include(http://watchedpots.com/includes/head.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in D:\Hosting\2637913\html\2007\10\lots-to-do.php on line 6

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://watchedpots.com/includes/head.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Hosting\2637913\html\2007\10\lots-to-do.php on line 6
watched pots | news: lots to do

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in D:\Hosting\2637913\html\2007\10\lots-to-do.php on line 53

Warning: include(http://watchedpots.com/includes/banner.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in D:\Hosting\2637913\html\2007\10\lots-to-do.php on line 53

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://watchedpots.com/includes/banner.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Hosting\2637913\html\2007\10\lots-to-do.php on line 53

19 October 2007

lots to do

I woke up today and this site was down. Not even fully down though, just...not up. Just a plain white page, and Firefox dutifully notifying me that it's quite "Done." What a pain.

Saw Unkle (formerly U.N.K.L.E.) last night at Webster Hall. I hadn't expected to be able to go, because I was working on Staten Island until about 10:30, but one breakneck drive and one serendipitous parking spot later, I was walking in just as the band was starting. Breathless and overly hyphenated review (and mp3) here. Cool show.

I only have one day off a week these days, and I keep finding myself paralyzed by all the things I've thought about needing to get done all week. Today is my day off. I slept until 11:30, then I moped around the house until...well...until now. I guess this is more of that. Shit.

I'm gonna go do something.

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger kevroy (19 October, 2007 19:26)

Why exactly was this chosen as a "blog of note"? It seems to be nothing more than mediocre.

Blogger kenni (19 October, 2007 21:30)

what a day huh? i got up at around 4:00am this morning and found nothing to do. I am still up and am trying to get back to sleep since it is Saturday.

Blogger Cindy Breninger (20 October, 2007 12:50)

Hi,
This is the first blog I have read. Yes, I have been living in a cave since the internet started, but nontheless, your page is fun to read! I started a blog last night and am still trying to figure things out. I am computer-challenged and if this comment gets posted, I am a little less challenged! hehe Anyway, good job! :)
Cindy

Blogger Cindy Breninger (20 October, 2007 12:51)

Oh, am I supposed to put mine on here? If not, sorry. I THINK it is adayinthelifeofcindy.blogspot.com, but could be wrong. I have been telling people that is what it is, so hopefully I am correct! :)
Cindy

Blogger bluecoffeemug (20 October, 2007 15:18)

hey! nice blog, came here through this "blog of notes" thing..you writing seems to be quite spontaneous which actually, does make your blog a blog of note. keep up the good work.

Blogger Biotress (20 October, 2007 17:50)

Hey...I also found this through the "blogs of note." Just saying "Hi" to let you know I stopped in. Also, I love the lyrics to "If these walls could talk." Great job on that song!

Anonymous josh (20 October, 2007 21:53)

Hi Mike,
Found you by way of Blogger. I can help you when it comes to comment spam. I created the best commenting system available to Bloggers. It is ten times better than what Blogger offers. For one, it doesnt come in a pop out, it stays within your content. We also provide threads, avatars, etc. For an example check out politicalgrind.com and click on their comments.

If you are interested, drop me a line josh@intensedebate.com
www.intensedebate.com

Anonymous Anonymous (21 October, 2007 14:47)

This post has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger reading_is_dangerous (21 October, 2007 17:18)

hi,

I came here thanks to the google list that you know about, I know. I looked at your blog, and it looks good, your style is fun. I hope you went the dentist, and that you turned into a vegetarian at least three or four days a week. I would download your music if I could, but my connection is very slow, dial-up, etc. I might come back, who knows?

goodluck!

r_i_d,
ARMENIA

Blogger london cokehead (22 October, 2007 13:10)

Nice tunes you're making there.

Blogger Peggy (22 October, 2007 15:38)

That's my problem too. Paralysis during my off hours. I have so little free time, and I am usually in a comatose position for so much of that time.

It takes me forever to debrief from the week. I am a sensitive soul and feel assaulted and overwhelmed all week. By Friday I am exhausted.

Sorry for whining - just meant to tell you I know the feeling.

Blogger thetwins (23 October, 2007 00:00)

I was working on Staten Island.

So what is your job?
I Think you so busier person

Blogger maxxo (23 October, 2007 05:12)

i like your typeface. like old typewriter. your haircut kinda reflects that as well.

Blogger TerrorVictim (24 October, 2007 06:40)

This post has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Callipygian Venus (24 October, 2007 18:34)

As long as I am doing what I am supposed to do on the days I have to, I don't care if I mope on my days off =)

Blogger The Frequent Road (25 October, 2007 18:12)

Work is slavery, and we bitch, moan, cry and beat our hands against it, but we our enslaved by it; not only work, but women, drink, drugs, music and school. the sad fact is that when you finally have a day off you spend it sleeping off a drunk stupor or spend it between the legs of some nameless broad, who has you spending your slave wages to buy her designer shit. So either way we are fucked to the brim, and we'll still sit there to watch our brains seap out of our ears.

Blogger missThinspiration (26 October, 2007 12:36)

just out of curiosity.. what is your inspiration for the lyrics in your music?

Blogger Mike McClenathan (26 October, 2007 12:43)

[@ missthinspiration] lyrically, my inspiration has been almost entirely autobiographical. some names and details have been changed, but when i wrote these songs it was basically to get some things off my chest that i was tired of thinking about all the time. the one exception is that "a viking's funeral." that one i mostly just made up.

if you want to know more about the inspiration behind an individual song, each song's lyrics page has some blahblah at the bottom about why i wrote it.

Anonymous bobby (26 October, 2007 15:19)

i have never seen more comments on your page. amazing. and weird.